About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
Wanna be nerdy writer girl calling it how I see it.

January 18, 2011

Clearly, I know NOTHING

My friend Donna is witty and a writer. A real writer.  My friend Amanda is witty and a blogger.  My friend Rachel, an amazing blogger. I always wanted to be a writer but it just doesn't come naturally. I consider myself a witty individual. I make people laugh. I'm sarcastic.  People are generally amused by my banter and I'm regarded as a good storyteller.

Which brings me to the point.  Recently, Donna started blogging again and said something that made a lot of sense to me.  She said (and this is my interpretation) "write about what you know."  I thought, how hard can that be, right? I know some things.  I read those words at least two weeks ago and haven't been able to think of a single thing to write.  I used to think I knew some things.  What is wrong with me?  Seriously? I know nothing?  This isn't possible.  Alas, here I sit, writing about not having anything to write about! 

I've decided that each week (at least once a week) I'm going to write about something. Anything.  Today, I'm writing about not knowing what to write, but, maybe next week, the topic will be more interesting and someone might actually want to READ my blog!!!

2011 is the year of good health.  2011 is the year of fitness.  2011 is the year I become all of the things I dreamed of being (well, maybe not ALL...but some!).  2011 is the year I become the writer who lives deep inside of me. The one who wants to come out and play. The one who wants to entertain the masses...I'll start small.  Maybe this week, I'll actually invite a few people to "view" my blog!

7 comments:

  1. I love it.... Maybe you'll inspire me to keep up my family blog..... lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you M! If I knew I would keep up with a blog I would have one too. I have lots to say all the time. Writing is the only creative thing I can do. I look forward to your weekly post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so wise just let it flow girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Michelle!!! I'm so psyched you're blogging!!! I'm looking forward to reading your posts. And by the way, you know more than you think you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeesh, it shows me as BareNaked and not BareNaked Writing. HAHAHA! Well, hope you don't mind a little streaking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the positive feedback! You gals ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year I become an art journalist... This is my new interest in life and I probably wont make it past 3 or 4 entries once I remember how non artistic I am but I digress...

    ReplyDelete