About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
Wanna be nerdy writer girl calling it how I see it.

January 19, 2011

5 THINGS I KNOW TO BE TRUE

There are many things I believe and many things I am almost certain of. Those things aside, these are the five things I know are true in my life:

1. The older I get, the smarter my parents are. Being a parent is hard. Knowing that everything you do and everything you say contributes to shaping the ideas and beliefs of another person is a responsibility nobody is EVER ready for. So we wing it. We make mistakes. We hope that when our kids are adults, they'll realize what we did when we had kids of our own: Our parents aren't nearly as dumb as we thought they were.

2. Marriage is hard work. It's rewarding in so many ways, but requires work on a daily basis. The fairy tale is just that: FICTIONAL. I love my husband and he is an exceptional man. The reality though is that we don't always speak the same language when we open our mouths. The good news is that our hearts always do.

3. There is nothing like a great girlfriend! I am one lucky chicklette. I have somehow managed to surround myself by THE MOST INCREDIBLE women. Women from all over the world. Women who have my back, are fiercely loyal, honest (brutally when necessary) and crazy as hell! God bless 'em. These women have set me straight, lifted me up and shared their experiences and failures. They have made me laugh and made me cry and made me laugh until I cried! They are my sisters and I would be lost without them. Girlfriends matter.

4. The Boston Red Sox are the greatest team in the history of baseball. Just trust me on this one, they are.

5. I tinkered with making this number 1: There should be law against men wearing skinny jeans. I shouldn't have to explain this, but I'm here, so I will: Skinny jeans are for girls. Small girls. Size 6 and below. If you are a man and you own a pair, get rid of them or prepare to be mocked. You look silly. No exceptions.

Care to add to the list? Tell me something you KNOW to be true.

10 comments:

  1. I love this : ) Number 5 is SO true!! Especially when they add a tight shirt with the skinny jeans! We need some form of intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW things happen for a reason..... they may not always be clear at the time.... but I do know... they DO happen for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that I am a very lucky woman to have had YOU in my life for a very long time, and for many many more years. Even though we are 3000+ miles away, I feel you in my heart everyday. I truly hope that one day our worlds will collide again. I miss you, and want to spend more face to face time with you. Someday...someday.

    I love you my sweet, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to make my eyes leak!! Love you too. BFFs. Distance will never change that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, You are VERY wise, young grasshopper!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great see what you did...Now you got me reading a Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! At least you're reading something Kenny. Crystal loves a guy who reads! Remember that?? If you tell her you subscribed to my blog, you might get lucky tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you didnt say Patriots were the best football team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah the ultimate truths of life... Men should never wear skinny jeans, ultra tight straight leg jeans or jeans that hang below their ass crack... Just wrong!! lol

    My ultimate truth in life... an empty fridge makes for a hungry Bish... Even with no hunger hormone...

    ReplyDelete