About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
Wanna be nerdy writer girl calling it how I see it.

November 21, 2011

Thankful For: A List

I read a blog today that made my face leak.  Thank you, Karen Hicks. I haven't been inspired to write anything in months. Love you so, so much. Sisters by choice.

As many of you know, I'm a fan of lists. I make them constantly.  I don't necessarily accomplish any of the things I write on them, but I make them nonetheless. Today a made a "thankful for" list.  I'm going to leave the list here, exactly as I wrote it. In some cases, I used names. If your name isn't here, it isn't because I'm not thankful for you. It isn't because I don't adore you. This is how the thoughts came out on paper and I'm trying to be true to that.

1. Clay and Austin. Everything.

2.  Family. Clay. Austin. Mum. Dad. Joey. Siblings. In-laws. Cousins. Awesome. Crazy. More than slightly dysfunctional. Mine. Nieces. Nephews. Baby Jack.  Love.

3.  Friends. Better than anyone else's. Kim. Karen. Carrie. Amanda. Theresa. Liana. Lucky girl. Love.

4.  My God girls. Demi. Brie. Juju. The peanut, The angel and the free spirit.  Special love forever.

5.  Great job. Chaos. Irene.  Jenny.  CP = yayyyy!

6.  wwf. Dawn, Becky, Rhea, Dah-Jur, Missy, Ang, Pam and  Clarissa. Brain power. Smarty pants.

7.  The No Drama Mamas. The truth. Grateful. Adore.

8.  Sushi. Good food.

9.  Good beer and strong drinks.

10.  Laughter. LJ. The MOST gigglefests. Amanda. Hilarity ensues.  Facebook funnies (thanks, Dale :-)

11.  The bad times. They help me appreciate the good times.

12. Pain free days and pain medication for the days that aren't.

13. Heavy cream and bacon.

14.  Velveeta shells and cheese.

15.  Sonya's costumes.  Don't ask!

16.  Mum's magic rosary beads.

17.  Simba the Wonder Cat. Must buy cape! SUPER kitty!

18. Patriots. Red Sox. Celtics. Bruins. WINNING!

19.  Air conditioning.

20. Hand sanitizer.

21.  The men and women of the armed forces. God bless their hearts.

22.  Mainiacs and Massholes and the Southern contingent! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

23.  Inspiration.

24.  Sharpies and duct tape.

25.  A good plastic surgeon and a relatively scar free face.

26. Unexpected, incredible connections. Deanie.  Liserrrr.

27.  God's grace.

28.  Having my Mum's sense of humor.

29.  People who can take a joke.

30.  San Francisco. Dot. Pat's Cafe. The PERFECT eggs benedict.  Search. Over.

31.  Iced tea. Strong. Lemon = YUCK.

I'm sure I could add a zillion things to this list and probably will over and over again. The list changes constantly. I'm grateful for that. It means my life is interesting and that I'm growing as an individual and surrounding myself with more awesomeness. It means I appreciate the big things, the good things, the silly things and even the not so good things.  I wish the same for each of you.

What and who are you thankful for? Take stock. Make a list. You might be surprised at the things that come to mind :-)

1 comment: