About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
Wanna be nerdy writer girl calling it how I see it.

February 5, 2011

A Letter to my Son and God Daughters

This past week was a long week of sadness and worry. A young lady, for reasons that need not be discussed here, took her own life. This young lady was my cousin's niece. She had just turned 14 years old.

The pain her family is experiencing is beyond measure and if she is looking down on them, and I'm certain she is, I'm positive she regrets her decision.

I'm writing to remind you all that there is nothing you will ever do that can't be worked through and there is nothing you can ever say that can't be made right with some hard work and a lot of sincerity.

I hope you and your friends are kind to each other. I hope you all know that your words and actions matter in the lives of others. I hope you think before you speak and reach out to those who are weaker or less self-assured than you. I hope you will choose to be the difference in someone's life.  The positive difference.

I hope you to know that you can talk to me about ANYTHING. If you were unsure...I'm telling you now...ANYTHING.  If you don't feel comfortable discussing something with me, talk to a friend or another adult you trust. Who would you turn to if didn't feel you could turn to your parents? Do you have a plan?  Plans are important, especially when times are hard.

As I write this, I am, in my mind, wrapping my arms around each of you.  Can you feel how strong my love is? It is as strong as the hardest diamond. It is unbreakable and unstoppable.  It is my strength, I have so much of it for you, that it can be your strength too. 

If you are never sure of anything else, be sure of this:  I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW.

2 comments:

  1. Very well written Chelle. I could hear your heart speaking while I read this post. You're an amazing Aunt, friend, sister, mom and daughter to all.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So powerful Michelle. I'm so sorry for all that's happened. xoxox

    ReplyDelete